The firm that would become the Parry Brothers company was originally established in 1874 by C. E. Parry, father to the Parry brothers. Initially, the company’s brick manufacturing activity took place at the old New England Brick Company plant on Raymond Street. In 1884, following the death of the elder Parry and a brief partnership with A. R. Smith, the brothers established the entirely new firm of Parry Brothers. In that same year, the business purchased the Cambridge Brick Company and moved all manufacturing to the brickyards on Concord Avenue. The firm was responsible for revolutionizing the wintertime production of bricks by using hot air as a replacement for the sun in the drying process (Gilman, 1896).