The J. P. Eustis Manufacturing Company was formed in 1898 by John P. Eustis. The firm, which was initially located in Boston and incorporated in Maine, specialized in the manufacture of brass bathroom fixtures and bathroom accessories. Throughout the early twentieth century, the company experienced significant success, increasing its capital from $20,600 in 1901 to $103,000 by the time of its re-incorporation in Massachusetts in 1917. By 1910, the firm’s expanding product lines resulted in its relocation to a newly constructed, 30,000 square foot Cambridge factory on Ames Street. In 1930, the firm employed approximately fifty workers (Stone, 1930).