Make history with History Cambridge! We are seeking a storyteller Fellow to help identify, gather, interpret, and amplify the experiences of what it’s like to grow up in our city. Help us share the “Who, What, Where, When, and Why” of Cambridge teens. Who are the people who have influenced you – in your family, your school, your neighborhood? What do you want people to know about yourself and your friends, about the city’s past? Where are the places that have shaped you? Using social media to create and share content, our Fellow will help us give voice to the issues and experiences that Cambridge teens care about.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in strategy team meetings with staff and board members to identify and engage with aspects of the city’s history of particular interest to teens
- Create and share social media posts that help us share the stories of young people in Cambridge
- Evaluate engagement and reach of various social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.)
What you’ll gain:
- Hands-on experience working with a local history organization dedicated to documenting and sharing the stories of a diverse and dynamic city
- Engagement with a wide range of government, cultural and educational institutions partnering with History Cambridge to share resources and ideas
- Experience creating and sharing content on social media platforms
- A paid stipend ($1,000)
We are seeking a Fellow between 15-18 years old, with roughly 3 hours a week to dedicate to this project between December 2021 and June 2022 (one virtual meeting per week plus asynchronous work). If you love history, your community, and using social media to connect with others, we want to hear from you!
Apply by December 10, 2021 using the form below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will notify candidates who are chosen for an interview by December 6 and make our final decision by December 13. If you have questions, contact Programs Director Beth Folsom at firstname.lastname@example.org.